We met country dancing in August of 2007...a perfect beginning for our story. We fell in love, conquered a long distance relationship, got engaged and were married on October 16, 2009. We found out we are expecting our first little Malloy to arrive in early July and can't wait for her to get here! This is our story.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, October 17, 2010

1 Year Anniversary!!

Well, we made it through our first year as husband and wife and its been amazing! I can't believe its already been a year! To celebrate, we spent the weekend in Abilene for McMurry's homecoming. It was great to see my old town, school, and friends. We both took Friday off and left for the 3 hour drive into west Texas. I noticed though, driving WITH somebody for the drive isn't near as bad as driving it alone as I did for the 4 years I went there.

We arrived and ate at Rosa's...tradition, I suppose. Then we went to the musical and bonfire. It was fun, but just wasn't the same. I know you're saying, "I told you it'd never be the same"...I just never wanted to believe it. First of all, it made me feel real old! Second of all, I wish some more of my friends had gone so it'd be a little more like old times. But all in all, I enjoyed walking around tipi village with the bonfire going. We just didn't stay near as long as we used to :)

Saturday we went to lunch with some of Chris' friends that were in town. I never realized how much of Abilene I DIDN'T see when I was there. They wanted to eat at a restaurant on the north side of town...McMurry was on the south side. That drive wasn't so good as we got lost at least 3 times. But, we found it, AND I learned some new things about the north side. I guess its better late than never. After lunch, I took Chris to campus and we walked around a bit so we could see the new additions they've worked on. I went to the football game to watch McMurry STOMP TLU 63 to 14. If you know anything about McMurry football, you know this was awesome for 2 reasons. 1- we actually won homecoming! 2- we beat a team that bad. When I was there, we were the ones getting slammed and losing by 40 points. Way to go McMurry! After the game, it was back to the hotel to get ready for our date night. We exchanged anniversary gifts too. I got Chris an engraved clock with a picture frame for his desk. He got me diamonds!!! Diamond earrings to be exact and they are beautiful! We went to Albany to the Beehive, which is a famous steakhouse out there. Chris' friend, Stepon, and his family own the place. The steak was AMAZING...like crazy good, eat-till-you-are-sick steak! Chris even had arranged for them to get me flowers at dinner! I'm so lucky to have such a thoughtful husband! After the Beehive, we went to Guitars, of course, to go dancing. We danced and had a great time!

Sunday we got up, after a late night it was hard to do! Went to HEB to get some jelly you can only get there, and then drove home. We made it home is 2hrs and 45mins which is amazing time. Overall it was an awesome weekend! Here's a few pics of the weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment